||The Origins of Ice Soccer:
Once again, "necessity is the mother of invention." The 1987 winter scenario (Woodland Lake, Brighton, Michigan):
- when you have invited 40-50 people to your lakeside cottage-home for a Saturday afternoon of fun in the snow (bring your sleds and skis, snowshoes and saucers)
- because local weather forecasters for a week have guaranteed a foot or more of snow by the weekend
- and your party begins at 1:00 P.M. with dinner at 6:00 P.M.
- but on Friday, the day before the big event, the forecast changes to absolutely no snow (but it is too late to contact everyone to ask them to bring skates)
- you panic and ask, "What are they going to do for five hours?!?!"
The solution: you invent the Boot'r, which in turn allows the exciting play of ICE SOCCER.
Take a look at what the very first game of ICE SOCCER looked like: