News About ICE SOCCER™
- 02/09/12 — ICE SOCCER is presented at a breakout session during the Michigan Recreation & Parks Association annual conference.
- 01/12/12 — ICE SOCCER is offered as an ongoing option for kids in the Farmington Hills, Michigan Middle School after–school program.
- 07/12/11 — The BOOT'R patent expires.
- 01/24/11 —Taylor Sports is given approval to introduce ICE SOCCER at the Dubai Ice Rink, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates but Middle East unrest puts all on hold.
- 08-09/10 — ICE SOCCER is endorsed by Michigan Recreation & Parks Association (MRPA).
- 07/4-8/10 — BBC Sports Presenter, Mike Bushell, says BBC Sports will broadcast an ICE SOCCER game world-wide if/when played by U.K. teams at a U.K. rink = conceptual endorsement of the sport.
- 02/05/09 — Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) Director of Sports, James Parker, says the AAU will officially recognize ICE SOCCER as a legitimate, registered AAU sport once played competitively in 2-3 U.S. cities = conceptual endorsement of the sport.
- 2008–2010 — Economic downturn.
- 06/09/07 — A fund–raising benefit game, featuring 20 contestants from various seasons of the "Survivor" TV series, is played at Centre Ice Arena in Traverse City, Michigan.
- March 2006 — Article about ICE SOCCER appears in The Hamilton College Alumni Review magazine.
- March 2006 — The first national, professional media coverage of ICE SOCCER appears in Athletic Business Magazine.
- January 2006 — The first university article about ICE SOCCER is published in The Colgate Scene.
- October 21, 2005 — (New York) The first article about ICE SOCCER published outside of Michigan appears in the Times Herald–Record's weekly supplement, The Gazette.
- Oct. 3, 2005 — U. of Detroit Jesuit High School plays ICE SOCCER at Compuware Ice Arena in Plymouth, MI.
- Sep. 30, 2005 — An Article about ICE SOCCER appears on MLive.com.
- Sep. 30, 2005 — First Newspaper Article about ICE SOCCER appears in Livingston Community News.
- Aug. 2005 — First Broadcast Interview, WHMI radio.
- 06/22/05 — First BOOT'R sold to Otsego County Sports Plex, Gaylord, Michigan.
- 06/13/05 — First production run BOOT'R is available for sale.
- 02/20/05 — Beta Play (first organized competitive game) at Colgate University.
- Dec. 2004 — First prototype of commercial BOOT'R is ready.
- 04/06/04 — Preliminary BOOT'R development begins, working with a very talented seamstress from Fowlerville, Michigan in the laborious development of the final commercial BOOT'R design.
- 07/12/94 — U.S. Patent approved for the BOOT'R.
- 1987 — First game of ICE SOCCER, using a very crude and heavy burlap bag stuffed with scraps of cloth.